If you’re in Chiropractic practice in Florida, you’ll get some valuable online marketing insights from this benchmark online presence case study. Chiropractors in other areas of the country can also benefit from this case study.
Why This Chiropractor Online Presence Case Study Is Important
Chiropractic in the Sarasota, Florida area is highly competitive, and successful Chiropractors need to give themselves every opportunity to differentiate themselves from competitors, and/or to grow the value of their brand.
Online presence is not the only important marketing factor but today, the online presence of any company is synonymous with its brand and critical to its long-term success. It’s a measure of:
- How competitive your business is in attracting new patients
- Trustworthiness – customers will search your practice online even if they have been referred by word of mouth or traditional ads
- Reputation – Google star rating and reviews are displayed everywhere, 24/7 online for all who are searching for your products and services
- Pride of ownership and employees in the business.
- The value of the business – an outstanding online presence is a business asset that drives revenue and profit
A negative or a lack of online presence creates uncertainty in a prospect’s mind and causes them to search for those with a better reputation
Case Study Info and Results:
We sampled the online presence of 93 Chiropractors in the Sarasota and Bradenton, Florida areas and evaluated their online presence metrics. Taken together, these metrics paint a picture that describes the overall strength of the company’s online presence.
We couldn’t find fully accurate information in all cases, but we have enough to see average, top 10, and bottom 10 results.
- Company Name and Address
- Year Started
- # Employees
- Website Type
- Site Load Time
- SSL Verified?
- Video On Homepage?
- # Citations
- Click To Call on the website?
- Google MY Business Connection
- # Facebook and Twitter Likes and followers
- Other Social Media Connections
- Mobile Optimized Site
- Ranking of Google Maps
- Google My Business Posts and videos
- # Verified Google Reviews
- # Google Bad Reviews
- # Google Good Reviews
- # Reviews gained in the last 30 Days
- Keywords In Homepage
- # Website Backlinks
- Keyword In Title
- # Groupon Offers
- Keyword Location
- Monthly Search Volume
- PPC Google Ads Monthly Budget
- Google Analytics present?
- Google Tag Manager?
- Retargeting Pixels?
- YouTube URL and Subscribers?
- # YouTube Videos and views
- Google Video Search ranking
Here’s an infographic showing a few of the key average metrics for all 97 companies:
From the data averages of the 93 companies, we could see that compared to other Sarasota niches, the average Chiropractic practice has a good online presence. But, in many cases, averages were skewed by the results from the larger, more web-savvy practices. There is still plenty of opportunity for all Chiropractor firms in the area to increase their business and build their brand’s online presence.
There were big differences between what the top 10 companies and the bottom 10 are doing for their online presence. Depending on the company’s situation, much of it can be easily improved upon. For example:
- In this sample, 27 of the 93 chiropractors have 10 Google reviews or less. To stay competitive, these companies should start building their Google reviews. Why? Because people use Google search almost 90% of the time to find products and services, and any practice with less than 10 reviews is not as attractive online as other practices. They could be missing a big opportunity. Again, the difference between the top 10 Chiropractors and the average is dramatic, particularly in the total number of reviews, and reviews received in the last 30 days.
- The average Google rating for all 97 was 4.4 stars. This is one of the best averages I’ve seen in local niches. It’s worth it to keep improving this metric by getting more 5 star reviews – 4.7 star or better Chiropractor will have a clear marketing advantage.
- 100% of the 93 practices had verified Google My Business listings – Congratulations! GMB has become one of the most powerful factors in online branding and reputation management.
- A new metric that we’re tracking is a click-to-text or text-enabled landline feature on the business website. Today, a majority of consumers would prefer to text a business rather than call. 54 (58%) of the sampled companies have this highly consumer-preferred feature on their website – clearly, there’s room for improvement for many in this sample.
- At the time of sampling, only 2 of the 93 companies were running PPC ads. It can’t be concluded that the other 91 don’t run PPC ads because some companies will turn these ads on or off depending on their circumstances. However, consistent ad spend, even if it’s a small amount, keeps the company’s online presence high and top of mind when consumers search online for a chiropractor. The top 10 online presence Chiropractor companies in this sample spend over $6000 per month on PPC ads.
- Some Chiropractors are quite active on social media and Facebook. The average number of Facebook followers for all 93 is 2,628. This is a bit misleading since 42 of those have 0 followers. 47 Chiropractors post once a week on Facebook, and 31 of those post once a day. 60 Chiropractors have Youtube channels. Strengthening social media engagement, and YouTube videos and ads are big patient engagement opportunities for about half of the Chiropractors sampled.
If you would like to get a free assessment of your company’s online presence – go here.
If you would like to have a full report, with all metrics, or to see how the top 10 or bottom ten fared, please contact us – we’d be happy to share the data.
In the coming months, we will be conducting a number of these assessments for different local industries. Let us know if you’d like to have one done for your local niche.
Study and article by Greg Jordan of Next Level Local Business – nextlevellocalbusiness.com, a Sarasota marketing and advertising company specializing in traffic, online reputation, and marketing copywriting.